Because you already have effectively been doing so!
This may sound strange but it is the truth. Everything your child knows has been imparted to them by you and those closes to them. They have learned to talk and walk. You have potty trained them! Something they did not see the need for or have a desire to do. They dress themselves, feed themselves and have reasonable social behavior. All this happened at home! Why not continue with what has worked?
Somehow we have been convinced that at 5 or 6 years of age we are no longer qualified to teach our children. Now we think that at some arbitrary time we must turn our children and their education over to the “professionals” in a state run institutional setting.
Reasons to Homeschool:
- You have a Biblical mandate to train them
- Deuteronomy 6: 6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: 7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
- You know your student better than anyone
- Home is the safest environment to learn
- An individualized personal setting is best for learning
- You love and care for them more than anyone else
- You will quickly recognize their needs
- You can impart your values
- You control the content of what is taught
- God will enable you to do what He asks you to do